Done running? Cycle!
The OCBC Cycle Singapore, is one of the penultimate cycling events in Singapore. And its 2012 edition is happening from 2nd to 4th March 2012! Already into their 4th cycle, the event aims to attract 12,000 cyclist over the course of 3 days.
Registration for the event kicked off to much fan fare over at the OCBC Centre earlier yesterday (Wednesday, 23 Nov 2011). And since this is the 4th time the event is organised, participants (both competitive and leisure cyclists) can expect a couple of exciting changes.
Next year’s event will feature a Junior Challenge category for 10-12 year old kids which will see them race around the F1 Pit for 30min. ALSO an enhanced 61km Super Challenge for those who feel that last year’s 40km is too short. 😛 Next year’s event will see the 61km route will opening up for up to 1500 cyclists,a drastic jump from the 200 qualifying-only this year (2011).
Meanwhile, there will also be fringe activities over the the 3-days event to cater to the community from all walks of life. Be ready to be awed by York Uno, former Asian X-Games Flatland BMX champion, will be showcasing his flips and tricks. Pretty awesome i must say.
On a side note, I am feel honoured to be able to snap a photo with him! And later on try out his bike, only managing a failed 1 sec wheelie. 😛
- A carnival-like event for everyone in the family
- 7 different categories for cyclist from all walks of life.
- Distances ranging from 100m (Tricycle Ride for kids) to 61km (for the Super Challengers).
- A 3-days event with performances from York Uno, former Asian X-Games champion.
- International riders like the Rapha Condor Sharp from the UK, who are making their fourth appearance in the Criterium PLUS two exciting new teams in GreenEDGE, an Australian UCI WorldTour Team, and Champion System, the new UCI Pro-Continental team; and Altitude Technology Systems from Australia.
- Lastly, you get to mix around and meet new people who have the same interests as you whether or not you’re new to the sport or is a veteran in it. 🙂
- Registrations are now open and closes on 19th Feb 2012.