Well, here’s part 3 on how to look FAB…wait for it…BULOUS this Christmas! The second tip shared a few days back reminded us to WORK THAT UP, DUDE or MISSY. And if you did, its time to tempt your guts!!!
So here i am DISHING OUT some simple tips to get you back into shape AND AVOID THE SANTA SUIT and look good for NYE! Simple tips for the simple man i would say. 🙂
TIP #3 – CHEAT (YOUR MIND ABOUT) WHAT YOU EAT
Ah.. tis the holidays! A time to celebrate the joys of togetherness, merriment and of good old times. As always, the best way, or the easiest way or tool (mind me for being the social architect) for socializing would be the way to their stomachs-having festive meals.
Sumptious Christmas Eve dinner, with Roast turkey, gleaming under the light, with the mash potatoes and mom’s special gravy on the side. Everyone’s having eggnog and later a little bubbly won’t hurt. Or so you think…
Lets face it, even the most disciplined of us struggles with the temptations of the holidays. Thus, we need a strategy as there is always a few dinners to attend for Christmas and don’t forget the New Year!! We have. And we are on a mission to tackle the bulge, that awaits if we ever fall victim to Mom’s special gravy (no pun intended!!)
Here are 5 tips-in-a-tip to make it happen:
1. If you don’t love it, don’t eat it, says American Dietetic Association spokeswoman Melinda Johnson, MS, RD.
Thoroughly scan and assess the food you eat. Spot the festive food that you see and avoid the food that are available throughout the year. Take this samples, go to corner with your friends, indulge and savour every bite. Indulgence at this point is great.
2. Limit the variety. Brian Wansink, PhD, author of Mindless Eating, suggests putting only two items on your plate when you go to the food table.
Variety stimulates appetite and that could be a problem. Intead when limiting the variety each time, it curbs your desire to sample bit by bit. Another tip from the Biggest Loser, use a smaller plate to subconciously lie to ourselves that we have taken a bigger portion than it actually is. Lying to ourselves at times like these is okay…just don’t lie to the lie!!
3. Wear snug clothes and keep one hand busy. When you wear snug-fitting attire, chances are you’ll be too busy holding in your stomach to overeat.
Personally, i practise this tip. Guilt trip will limit the amount of food we’re taking which will act as a constant reminder throughout the night.
4. Alternate alcohol with nonalcoholic beverages. Alcoholic drinks are loaded with calories — especially holiday favorites like eggnog.
At the parties, try to alternate between water or seltzers between the beers, or eggnogs. This will cut the calories by half!!!
5. No skipping of the the healthy lifestyle. Just because its the holidays, your discipline has to as well.
Don’t skip your meals, not even breakfast. Metabolism has to carry on and be regulated at all times. Tips #1 and #2 should also be maintained throughout to ensure the “damage” is temporary.
- TIP #1 – LEAD AN ACTIVE LIFESTYLE
- TIP #2 – WORK THAT UP, DUDE/MISSY
- TIP #3 – CHEAT (YOUR MIND ABOUT) WHAT YOU EAT 🙂